Monday, June 21, 2010

First Day of Summer, First Day of Heroes Camp


It is the first day of summer, and fittingly, it is the first day of Heroes Camp. Each year our church does a week long day camp in June.  This time last year I was 9 months pregnant, about to become a new mommy.  Fun memories. 

This year our theme is Royal Heroes of the faith. We are going to learn about Josiah, Esther, Asa, Jesus, and David. We are going to worship to David Crowder and Hillsong United. We are going to dress up as the royalty we are on Friday. We are going to have so much fun.

Camp is a huge undertaking. One that I have always HELPED direct, but this year I am directing by myself. That makes me a little nervous. I am tempted to feel like it all comes down to me, but I know that is not true. It all come down to Christ. I can find my rest in Him this week, knowing he can take what I have to give (limited talents and time) and make it more than enough to make camp great. I am trusting Him for a fantastic week.



I have been meditating on Philippians 4:6-7 Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.



I know this week will be wonderful. God has already placed such a wonderful group of leaders and staff around me to help and really carry out the mission of camp. All I am going to do is sit back and watch God work. I am excited to see what he does.

And when the week is over  and we have taken teh weekend to recover, I will be the mom of a 1 year old, toddler on Monday! 

2 comments:

iamdriver38 said...

I had the best start to a week I've ever had in my life. Taking care of Mayzie, going to the park and doing house chores was much better than going to work any day. Thanks for the suggestion!!

mrsdlanemoore said...

It was super helpful to me too! Thank you for all you've done to help get camp off the ground.