Monday, February 15, 2010

Mayzie's Dedication


This is a video of our daughter's dedication yesterday. As parents, my husband and I, want to bring Little Britches up to follow Jesus with her whole heart, soul, mind, and strength. She is a gift from God. Yesterday we offered her back to Him as an act of worship and surrender. He has great plans for her life- they are plans to glorify himself not her or us. I am acutely aware plans that glorify God can be the same plans that take a child to another nation or people group...they can be the same plans that cause a child to do things much different that her parents...they are the same plans that could even cause her life to be poured out for the sake of the gospel. These are not plans I would choose, but she is not mine. She is His. I pray she will follow Him with her whole heart and that I would experience joy beyond words as I see her learn to hear Him for herself and obey.

These words were written in 1864, yet they are the cry of my heart for myself and for my baby girl.

Take my life and let it be consecrated, Lord, to Thee.
Take my moments and my days, let them flow in ceaseless praise.

Take my hands and let them move at the impulse of Thy love.
Take my feet and let them be swift and beautiful for Thee.

Take my voice and let me sing always, only for my King.
Take my lips and let them be filled with messages from Thee.

Take my silver and my gold not a mite would I withhold.
Take my intellect and use every power as You choose. Here am I, all of me.

Take my life, it's all for Thee.

Take my will and make it Thine it shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart it is Thine own it shall be Thy royal throne.

Take my love, my Lord I pour at Your feet its treasure store
Take myself and I will be ever, only, all for Thee.

Here am I, all of me. Take my life, it's all for Thee.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

mrsdlanemoore said...

working on uploading the video. Any pointers? I did it a few times by switching to the old editor, but now it just seems to not work at all. HELP!

EMU said...

It has to be smaller than 100 mb...that's usually my problem.

Crysta said...

Posting it on YouTube and playing it through that works way better. Look at Greg's two most recent videos. That way it can also be viewed from an iphone too.

Greg Godsey said...

Strong words. Lot's of "church people" talk like that but don't really mean it. If God called you to give her up would you REALLY? Really? I know you mean it, you're not just talking church speak. I just wanted to call attention to it, so others don't glaze over at the strong language.

Your words are common, but your commitment is rare.