Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Some Things Never End

Just the other day my husband and I were saying that some things never end.  I have always felt like I do dishes all the time, but now since Little Britches is eating and using a few more dishes I feel like I do dishes non-stop. It was funny because my husband said, "I do dishes every night! They never stay done." What he didn't realize is I do another load everyday and they never stay done either. The same is true for laundry. Right now this is what is in front of me: 3 loads of laundry waiting in the wings to be washed, 2 loads on the couch waiting to be folded, and 2 loads in the process. I just did laundry on Thursday! How can there be so much to do again? All this never-ending work can get you down fast unless you realize what I realize and TRY to remember when the "Woe is me, there is so much to do" attitude tries to rear its head. I realize that having a constant stream of dirty dishes means we have food to eat and we are healthy enough to eat it. I realize that clothes piled up in piles to be washed means I have more than one set of clothes to put on my body. It also means I have clean running water with which to wash my dishes and my clothes. The increase in dishes and laundry means there is another person in our house, a family member to love, cherish, and make laugh. Sure if the choice is purely dishes or reading a magazine, I am going to choose a magazine every time, but if those dishes serve to remind me of all that I have be so unreasonably blessed with then I am choosing the dishes, because I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the way God has poured out His love in my life. Bring on the dishes and laundry!

No comments: