Saturday, April 24, 2010

Bluebell Fun Run


This time last Saturday I was in the middle of running the Blue Bell Fun Run 10K through the beautiful Brenham, Texas countryside.  The whole family participated in the race.  It was our first family race.  My husband decided to run with me instead of at his usual 8 minute a mile pace or faster.  These days I hang between the 9 and 10 minute a mile pace.  It was fun to run a race together!  I hope we do fun races like that.  My goal was to finish in an hour, but I finished in 1 hour, 1 minute, and 7 seconds.  Close so close!  I have my sights set on racing next weekend, but will it be another 10K or a 5K?  I am not sure yet.  We will see.  Anyway...here are a few pictures from race day.

The whole gang from left to right: Josie with Mayzie, Elisabeth with Annie, me, Cameron, Andrea, Nathan, and Kenzie.  We all ran except Josie who so kindly babysat Annie so Elisabeth could run without having to push the stoller. 

1 comment:

iamdriver38 said...

look at those cute babies!!!