Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year

On this New Year's Eve I asked my husband if he was going to make any resolutions.  He said to get a 6 pack, but earlier today he said he was going to quit working out and eating right and get fat, so I am not sure where he will come down on that decision, but I know what I hope he does. (hehe!)

I don't make resolutions, but I do like to reflect on the past year and thing towards the new year.  This year I am going to chose a word.  A word to remind me of all God is doing in my life and all I need him to do.  My word for the year is daily.  There are a lot of things I need to do that overwhelm me because they are such huge task, but if I take a little bit of the task daily then it won't be so bad.  I also know that exercising and eating right daily makes a difference.  You can't eat right and exercise every 3rd day and expect to see results.  What is true in our physical disciplines is also true in your spiritual disciples, so I want to read God's love letter to me daily and talk to him daily.  Daily- it can be a powerful thing.  I think my theme song will be "This is the Day the Lord has made.  Let us rejoice and be glad in it." 

No comments: