Friday, January 14, 2011

Baby Its Cold Outside

I like the song, "Baby, It's Cold Outside".  I think I like it because I  romanticize  the cold in my mind.  I am not one to go on and on about the weather like my beloved husband, but it has been cold and rainy!  And I don't like to be cold or wet!  Last winter, right about this time I started training for a half marathon with a small group of friends.  I posted about our fun a few times, here and especially here.  I am sorely aware of my lack of fitness fellowship.  Last week, when it was pretty and sunny I got out and ran or walked everyday in addition to going to the gym twice.  This week- nothing- no walking, no running, no gym, no P90X, nothing but eating and feeling fat.  I am a fair weather exerciser that is for sure.  I have got to make an adjustment, that's for sure.  The forcast is calling for rainy, chilly weather through the weekend.

It is amazing to me how I can so quickly go from "I've got it all together" in a particular area, to "I am falling apart".  It just goes to show you that DAILY really is important.  No one day makes or brakes you but a habit of daily doing something can make a difference- a big difference.  I am working towards a 30 pound difference- one day at a time.  But I can't deny I wish I had my running buddies to help me out.  I miss those girls!

No comments: