Friday, May 7, 2010

The Rookie Tri

This Sunday is Mother's Day, and while mothers all across the land will be sleeping in and enjoying breakfast in bed I will be participating in my first triathalon, The Rookie Tri.  I am excited and a little nervous as well.  After training for and completing the Zooma half marathon and posting about it here, and then doing the Bluebell Fun Run and posting about it here I started packing and stopped running or swiming or biking much at all.  But about a week and a half ago I decided I should get with it.  The good news is the distances of this tri are short, so I think I can complete the tri with no problem.  And the other good news is it is my first tri, so I will set a PR (personal best result) for this distance.  :)  I have put in some good training this week, so we will see what happens Sunday.  Stay tuned.  I will let you know.  Here are a few pictures from last year's Rookie.  My husband was a participant.

No comments: