Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Kyle o Meter 5K

This Sunday I ran in a local 5K.  It was a part of the Kyle Fair.  Lots of friends from church also  ran in it.  I wanted to place in my age group, but I knew that meant I couldn't do any walking, and my running hasn't come without a little walking lately unless I am on the treadmill.  My problem is I have not logged enough miles since the birth of Little Britches to be able to feel my pace yet.  I start out way too fast.  I used to not do this.  So I started out at what I felt like was a good pace.  There were no mile markers, so I couldn't really judge.  I held that pace all the way to the turn around at the cattle gate.  (I did mention this was a local race, right?)  On the way back though I started to give way mentally and started to fatigue a little physicially.  There were some rolling hills on the way back that tempted me to walk, no taunted me to walk and I gave in.  I did finish the race in 29:30, which is about a 9:30 pace.  This is the pace I would like to do the 1/2 marathon in November.  I must log some more miles before I can reach this goal, but I am on my way.  Here are the results in case you want to size up the competition for next year.  See you out there!

No comments: