Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Many miles to go before I sleep, well 8 to be exact

Oh to be young again! Little Britches is one of the great loves of my life, but I can't help but be a little jealous of her schedule sometimes. She wakes and eats, plays, and then sleeps. Then she repeats the cycle several times during the day. I am happy if I get to "play" once a day, and really happy if I get to sleep once a day. Little Britches's daddy comes home from work each day and lets me have some "play" time. (He is a dream come true!) Now, what I would love to do with that play time is go to Target and shop, but since we cut down to one income when Little Britches came along that is not a good plan. So I exercise instead. It doesn't cost us money. It just cost me pain. Today I need to run 8 miles. I had every intention (well I had many intentions) of doing my long, 8 mile run, on Saturday, but it rained all day, so today is the day. Wait, what's that I hear...the weather forecast on the TV...rain for this afternoon and tonight?...there go my intentions! Just kidding. If it is raining I may just have to go run on a treadmill. Yuck! Oh well. I am thankful for my health and the health of my family. There are many who wish they could run 8 miles, but for whatever reason they cannot. I don't want to waste any of the gifts I have been given, because there is no guarantee they will be available tomorrow.    

No comments: