Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The weekend recap

Well, weekends around here are busy! 

On Saturday I did go for a run.  I decided to cut my postpartum body some slack and run/walk my runs until I don't feel like I am going to die.  That might mean I don't quite run all 13.1 miles of the half marathon in November, but I am okay with that for now.  So I set off Saturday morning with my ipod and ran a song and then walked a song.  I did that for 40 minutes and covered four miles.  I was feeling good so I went to the end of our street and back for a total of 4.76 miles.  Not bad.  I actually felt like I could keep going for a while if I needed to.   I need to do a longer run tonight, but it has been rainy here all day, so I might do it tomorrow night.  After the run Little Britches's dad and I did a few things around the house.  Boy is he getting some stuff done!  The house is looking great.  There are those few areas that have to look worse before they look better when you are cleaning them out....we have one or two of those areas right now, but we also have several areas that have come out on the other side of that process and look fantastic. 

Also on Saturday Little Britches's Bella came for a photo shoot and quality time.  Here a few of the results.


It was a little chilli outside on Saturday and I did wake Little Britches up from her nap to take these pictures, so no smiles, but no crying either!

We then met Papa D for dinner and dancing...well not too much dancing, but dinner anyway.  After such a full day Little Britches slept all the way through the night.  Woo hoo!  Sunday was also full, as it usually is with church stuff and she slept through the night again!  The two days daddy can be on duty- slept.  Monday night, when daddy is sleeping because he has to get up for workout and work.  She woke up at 11, 3, and 5.  I love her, though and will miss those sweet night time visits soon enough! 

I am currently "working" on a few sewing projects, meaning they are rolling around in my head.  I am going to make Little Britches an outfit to wear to my college's homecoming at the end of the month.  I will be sure to post pictures as I go.  Well I hear someone waking up from their nap, and it is not me, so I better go get the doll and feed her!

This weekend we are headed out of down for the day to visit with cousins.  That should be fun.  I will let you know. 

No comments: