Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Daily Life, Day 17



This is the route I ran today in my Half Marathon training.  I ran 6 miles yesterday and did not really want to run today, and I certainly did not want to run very hard, but those are not options when you have committed yourself to a group.  As I sit here and think about how glad I am that I had three friends to run with today I am struck by the fact that other groups in my life do this same thing.  When I don't feel like putting everything I have into my family, the rest of my family is meeting me right where I am and encouraging me not to miss out on the blessing that is family.  When I am not totally sure I can put my whole heart into worship there is my church worshiping with their whole heart showing me that I can do it, if I just will show up and get started God will meet with me.  I am so thankful for the different groups in my life who are committed to community.  I can't wait to finish this race with this group of women.  We have already planned our celebration dinner because we will finish our training and do well, with each other’s help.  

No comments: