Sunday, January 3, 2010

Daily Life, Day 2


The past two days I have taken snap shots with my iphone.  I will get out my "good camera" for better quality more often, I promise.  I ma just getting going on this once a day posts about daily life thing.  I really don't want to forget the precious moments of everyday.  Everyone says they go by so fast.

Today we went to church with my parents.  We have never been to their church because we always have responsibilities on Sunday.  There were many things about today that sweetly reminded me of my childhood.  Today I sat between mom and dad at church.  How long has it been since I, alone, sat between them at church?  Who knows?  There are always others with us, but today it was just us, and it was nice.  It was nice to hear them sing the songs of our faith.  It was nice to feel their presence beside me as I listened to the word of God proclaimed.  I felt like I had come home after a long journey.  It was a special moment.

Also today Little Britches did somethings for the first time.  For the first time she sat in the highchair at my parents house while we enjoyed lunch.  The highchair is over 30 years old.  It was the highchair my sister and I sat in when we were Little Britches' age.  Little Britches had a great time playing and throwing things on the floor.  I was able to attach a few toys to the highchair so that they could not all go on the floor.

And for the first time today Little Britches wore her name diaper cover.  I had one of these when I was little and it is in the hope chest at my mom's house.  I love that my daughter has some too and one day they will be in a hope chest at my house when her first child is wearing her name across her bum.  There is something so familar and timeless about these diaper covers.  It makes it seem like no matter how much there world changes there are few things, no matter how random, that don't change.  That just serves as a reminder that there are some really important, eternal things that don't change either.

"Some trust in chariots, and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God."

1 comment:

EMU said...

Sweet post! Sounds like a wonderful day!

We have a highchair like that in our family too, at my grandmother's house. I'm pretty sure my dad and his siblings used it, then my sisters, cousins, and I, and now a third generation of great grands! And the same bib is still being used with it too! :)