Friday, December 17, 2010

The 25 Days of Christmas Day 15

Words are powerful. I believe that. I wish I remembered it before I opened my mouth sometimes, but I do believe it. Sometimes what is not said is powerful too. We have been focusing on the Christmas story at our house and I was thinking about those shepherds. You know shepherds were the lowest of the lowly in their society. They really did not have it all together. They couldn't even go into the temple to worship because they were constantly unclean. Yet, when God sent his son into this world as a baby his birth announcement went out to the shepherds.





An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.
I LOVE IT! They brought good news that causes great joy for all people. That makes me evaluate my life. Do I experience great joy? If not is it because I have forgotten how good the good news really is? And what is the good news? The angels said it next: Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. The angels had every right to say: Today a Savior has been born, now go, make yourself clean, get your act together, and then maybe, just maybe we will let you take a passing glimpse. They said a Savior has been born to you- you the messy, dirty, stinky, low-class, unworthy shepherds. And the good news is that a Savior has been born to me too- me "just a stay-at-home-mom, nothing too pretty, too talented, or too bright, selfish, prideful, lacking in so many ways- unworthy





A SAVIOR HAS BEEN BORN TO ME
AND THAT GOOD NEWS CAUSES GREAT JOY

No comments: