Friday, December 17, 2010

The 25 Days of Christmas Day 16

Felt Food-

I like to make things.  I like to make gifts.  I like to make gifts for kids because I feel like they are a little more forgiving than adults who have only ever had manufactured goods.  This year we have several friends whose little ones are getting kitchens for Christmas.  I had already purchased a gift for one of the kids when I found out they were getting a kitchen, but I had nothing for the other little boy.  I decided I wanted to make some felt food for all those getting kitchens, including Little Britches, even if I had already gotten them something else.  So I made an egg and orange slices based loosely on  this tutorial.  I made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and chips loosely based on  this tutorial.  I sent the orange slices in the mail and sent the peanut butter and jelly and the chips to work with my husband.  I forgot to take pictures of any of it- boo!  But I do still have the egg, and I plan on making more items for Little Britches.  Here is the egg. 

No comments: